Key Ingredients: agave, baking powder, Baking soda, Brown Rice Flour, Buckwheat Flour, carrot, cinnamon, dairy free, egg free, Flax meal, gluten free, maple syrup, nut free, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, salt, vanilla, vegan, vegetarian, xanthum gum
apple apple cider vinegar avocado banana basil black pepper brown rice cabbage canned tomatoes carrots cayenne chickpeas cilantro cinnamon cumin dairy free egg free garlic ginger gluten free Kale lemon Nutritional Yeast onion paprika parsley quinoa raisins red pepper rolled oats soy milk spinach stevia sumac sweet potato tahini tofu tomato tomatoes turmeric vegan vegetarian walnuts wheat free whole-wheat flour
- 2-1/4 Cups Brown Rice Flour (can use white rice flour if preferred)
- 1/4 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Flax Meal (Seeds Ground fine)
- 2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Packed Agave Nector and Maple Syrup blended (Proportions up to you)
- 3 Cups Pureed Pumpkin and Carrots (using vitamix add about 4-6 medium carrots with some water to the mixture, should be thicker than Apple Sauce)
- Stevia approximately 6 packets
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients and whisk to thoroughly combine. I made all the flours separately and then combined in proper proportions.
In blender, combine pumpkin, carrots, water and sweeteners if liquid. Blend until thoroughly combined.
Mix all dry and wet ingredients together with until smooth and fully incorporated. The mixture should be stiff but not as thick as bread dough.
Using a large spoon, fill muffin tin until even with “frame”. Any remaining mixture can be spooned into a bread pan or saved for additional batches.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and the center comes out clean when tested with a toothpick or baking thermometer.
Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Yield: approximately 12 muffins