apple apple cider vinegar avocado banana basil black pepper brown rice cabbage canned tomatoes carrots cayenne chickpeas cilantro cinnamon cumin dairy free egg free garlic ginger gluten free Kale lemon Nutritional Yeast onion paprika parsley quinoa raisins red pepper rolled oats soy milk spinach stevia sumac sweet potato tahini tofu tomato tomatoes turmeric vegan vegetarian walnuts wheat free whole-wheat flour
- 16 Mi-Del Natural Graham Crackers (Or plain vegan digestive cookies or biscuits)
- 1 cup of Raw Walnuts
- ½ cup of Coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp Carob powder (caffeine free alternative to chocolate, cocoa powder will work if unavailable or preferred)
- 1 tsp Barley Coffee powder (caffeine free alternative to coffee, instant coffee will work as a substitute)
- 2 tbsp Agave
- Zest of one lemon or orange (any citrus will do)
- 2 tbsp Sour Cherry Liquor (or any sweet liquor (optional))
- 1/2 tsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 packet Firm Silken Tofu
- 4-5 tbsp Carob powder mixed with hot water (mix into a paste, and allow to cool for a few minutes)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 10 drops of Liquid Stevia (or until taste is sweet enough)
Grease a large glass bake pan or circular spring pan with coconut oil. Then break the graham crackers into the food processor, and process until fine. Next add the carob powder, the barley coffee powder and agave. Pulse for a several times until combined.
Next add the walnuts to the processor, and process in quick pulses to avoid breaking them down too much. You want some chunks for texture. Add the melted coconut oil and process for about 30 seconds.
Add the zest and liquor and process again. Now you are ready to add your base into the pan. Spoon in and use your fingers to press into the base until it is compacted. Refrierate for about an hour or until it is cooled.
For the filling, place the tofu into your processor and add the remaining ingredients. Process gently for a minute or so, until the ingredients are well blended and smooth.
Spoon filling onto the graham cracker base with a spatula to create an even layer. You can decorate with coconut or chocolate shavings for an elegant touch.
Next, cover with foil and place in the refrigerator overnight. Delicious!!!